Conveyancing Fee Earner
Marshall Hall Levy is a very well regarded and long standing legal practice having been providing high quality legal advice for over 180 years.
The practice is looking for a well motivated person to join the firms busy conveyancing department. The successful candidate should have some previous conveyancing experience of between 1 and 2 years. They should be able to work alone and with other members of the team. Training will be provided as required.
- Location: South Tyneside
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- Reporting: Head of Department/Director
- Job Purpose: Legal assistance in the Residential Conveyancing team
The firm provides a comprehensive range of legal services to clients across the north-east and the UK. Recognising that employees are our greatest asset, we invest in training and development programs. We also provide a good working environment which is both supportive and challenging. We blend traditional values of personal and cost-effective advice. The firm is long established and is very well regarded. We are now seeking a residential conveyancing fee earner and offer career prospects and a competitive salary.
This CQS accredited firm is now seeking a conveyancing fee earner.
- To be the main point of contact for clients in the absence of the Head of Department.
- To build relationships with clients, contacts and other professionals on behalf of the team.
- To attend clients/contacts in person and on the telephone and to provide support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care. To ensure all telephone calls/emails are returned within two hours of receipt whenever possible or at the latest before close of business on each working day.
- To the preparation of correspondence and legal documents using case management and to ensure a high quality of the documents, faxes, emails and photocopies.
- To open files and run a caseload both independently and as part of a team.
- To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- To maintain and update the filing systems.
- To answer telephones promptly, taking proper messages and following up where necessary in a proactive manner.
- To use initiative to progress files within your own ability.
- To provide high quality legal advice and support services to clients in the residential conveyancing process. To assist the firm in achieving its stated professional and commercial objectives.
- The role will involve assisting with file setup, searches, drafting contracts, enquiries, completion statements, redemption statements, SDG L applications, drafting land registry forms, liaising with clients, estate agents, mortgage brokers and other third parties, file closure and archiving.
- To be able to run a busy caseload across all areas of residential conveyancing including freehold sales and purchase, leasehold sales and purchase, shared ownership, right to buy, remortgage, transfers of equity, newbuilds, and help to buy shared equity.
- Perform all usual tasks relating to the residential conveyancing process i.e. taking instructions, preparing contracts, raising and dealing with enquiries, examining title, reporting to clients on search results and title, processing mortgage offices, attending to exchange and completion, preparing completion statements and attending to registration.
- Contribute to the business development efforts of others.
- To assist Head of Department/Director in the management caseload by actioning legal procedures as directed.
- To assist Head of Department/Director in the management of caseload by dealing with file related queries either face-to-face or by telephone.
Personal Specification Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- A good level of education.
- Between 5 years and 8 years experience as a residential conveyancer is essential.
- Competent typing skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the conveyancing process and technical title issues.
- Be reliable and diligent with good attention to detail.
- Self-motivated in order to work independently and as part of a team with a “can-do” attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Have a very good understanding about client confidentiality.
Please send full CV and covering letter to express interest: firstname.lastname@example.org